Each Friday I like to share a few articles that I enjoyed reading ...
All About Green Lemonade
Welcome to Green Lemonade! I’m Noelle. I’m so glad you’re here!
At Green Lemonade I’m on a perpetual search for recipes that are quick to make and feature supercharged ingredients. What I eat dramatically affects how I look and how I feel⎯now, more than ever⎯with the arrival of my little man below! As a result I try to eat a lot of leafy greens and other veggies that are packed with nutrients. I also drink a lot of water to keep my skin hydrated. In non-recipe posts I like to scoop on trends that we New Yorkers are in love with like whole food cleanses (to gently restore and recharge) as well as natural beauty and lifestyle finds.
I live in New York City with my husband, Thomas and baby son Halston. (Both of them are adrenaline junkies.) In a former life I worked as a Wall Street Analyst. Outside of Green Lemonade you can find my recipes featured on Martha Stewart’s Whole Living, Foodista and FitSugar.
Here are a few more things you might like to know about me!
- I started Green Lemonade as a way to remind myself to eat more fresh produce and simple foods. However, I still cringe when I hear the word “healthy.” I prefer if “healthy” things (like food that makes my body feels good) just sort of found its way into my life.
- I am not one to shy away from a wine that speaks frankly or a stiff cocktail garnished with olives – on occasion. But the older I get the more I realize that I can’t indulge as much as I used to and escape without some lingering malaise. (I guess you could call it a painful hangover.) And yes, even too many bites of a sweet dessert these days gives me a sugar hangover. (It’s embarrassing.)
- I have come to find that a simple, uncluttered life (from my refrigerator, to my kitchen counter, to my bathroom vanity) helps in my goal of feeling good and looking good. (But sometimes my one-year old son, has a little more chaos in mind for us at home.)
- I believe in inner beauty. But, I don’t shy away from doing what I can on the outside. So, it goes without saying, that I enjoy my beauty products. (But I do make efforts to keep them natural.)
- I believe a woman should leave her home everyday feeling and looking her best – even if that means squirreling up some funds for one of her favorite designer pieces that she wears everyday until the threads start to unravel. (Although lately, I seem to have fallen into a pattern of wearing the same jeans and sweater almost everyday.)
- I believe in embracing new sports (paddle boarding is my recent fave) and practicing good fitness. (I’m currently obsessed with spinning class – can you believe they bring in a DJ for such a class? Only in NYC.)
- I believe you are only young once… but you can be immature forever. That’s why my husband and I still drive our convertible – with our son nestled in the car seat in back.
This blog is written as a source of information only. My intent is to encourage you to start to think outside the box for nutritional enhancement and lifestyle changes. Do more research on your own if the ideas appeal to you. Advice of a qualified medical professional should always be consulted before beginning any new diet or other health program.