Freshly Picked: Eat Kale To Cleanse + Rejuvenate
Introduce Yourself To This Nutritional Rockstar!
Posted December 11th, 2010 by noelle |
A tender kale salad is one of my favorite lunches. Grab the recipe here, then learn more about this nutrition packed rockstar.
Health Benefits of Kale
- Full of cholorphyll, a detox agent. Kale is full of chorophyll. Chlorophyll removes heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body.
- Loaded with fiber. The fiber in kale does an excellent job binding together with gunk and toxins in your digestive tract. You are not truly cleansing, unless you are digging up AND releasing waste from your body.
- Alkalizing effect. Disease cannot thrive in an alkaline body. Eating chlorophyll-rich leafy greens is one of the best things you can do to lower acidity and balance pH in your body.
- Nutrient dense. Kale is full of nutrients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits that help your body to stay vibrant and youthful. Kale is also helpful in rebuilding your body with new material after a cleanse.
- Kale is also loaded with calcium. Great for supporting strong bones while maintaining a sleek (cellulite-free) physique.